Monday, August 29, 2011

Ricebowl 105: Interview Tips


My brother is going off to college in the fall at a certain UC that also happens to be my alumni. Since he’s intent on becoming a doctor (“You make a lot of money!”) and has been interning at hospitals, I suggested he get a job at a local hospital or in the medical science department to earn money. He informed me during a car ride that he already had hook ups for an interview at the University’s Law School department. Enlightenment ensues.

“So yea, I’ve been practicing interview questions!”

“Oh yea? So you need help? I can run you through some questions. Let’s see, give me an example of when you’ve faced some obstacle and how you overcame it.”
“Oh man, last week that spider! I totally rescued our whole family by killing that tarantula and making sure it didn’t kill us all! Dude, that was totally an obstacle!"

“…something that has to do with  your school work or career. That spider was tiny and it was your fault for coming home at 1AM.”

“Oh.”

“Okay, let’s try something else. Where do you see yourself in 5 years?”

“Easy. With your job, with more pay and with your girlfriend- oh yeaaaaaaaa!”

“…”

My bf dryly interjects at this point.

“It’s his first job. I don’t think they’re going to ask him anything that in depth. I think he’s safe.”

No comments:

Post a Comment